1) How do I reserve a cottage?
You may reserve a cottage by contacting Duane Chase: email@example.com, 860-388-7378
2) What method of payment is accepted?
We accept cash, personal checks, cashier/bank checks, and money orders.
3) What is the payment process?
A 50% deposit is required upon receipt of the lease. The balance is due when you arrive.
4) What if I have to cancel?
If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us by email, or in writing. If we receive your written request 90 days prior to your reservation, we will issue a full refund. If we receive your written request 0-89 days prior to your reservation, we will issue a full refund only if we are able to re-rent the cottage.
5) What dates are considered “Seasonal” and “Off-Season”?
There are several rates for the cottages depending on the time of the season. Please contact us for rates for your week(s)
6) What is the rental period for the cottage
The rental period is a minimum of one week Saturday to Saturday. If available, 2 or three weeks may be arranged. All check in/check out times are on Saturday.
7) When is check in/check out?
Check in is anytime after 2 p.m. on Saturday and check out is by 10:00 a.m. on the departure Saturday.
8) Where can I park my vehicle?
There is plenty of parking for 2-3 cars. We even have room for boats on trailers.
9) Am I permitted to have overnight guests?
Of course, as long as you do not go over the maximum occupancy limit of 6.
10) What is expected of me when I bring my pet(s)?
See our Pet Policy
11) Do I need to bring linens/towels?
Yes. We supply clean mattress pads and pillows with clean pillow protectors. Comforters or quilts are supplied for each bed, as well as bath mats. If you prefer, you can ship us any items you wish for us to hold before your arrival. Please see the following question for information on shipping packages to us. There is also an option to rent sheets from a nearby vendor.
12) What address do I use to send a package or have my mail forwarded?
'Your name', c/o Smith Heights Cottages, 1440 State Highway, PO Box 111, Eastham, MA 02642. The PO Box and the address has to be on the box. FedEx and UPS can have issues with deliveries, so please keep tracking info.
13) Where can I rent canoes, standup paddle boards, kayaks or boats?
There are several kayak and boat rental places in the area. If you want to rent a boat on the Town Cove, Goose Hummock has Kayaks and power boats. We can send you more information. See links below
14) Is smoking permitted in the cottages?
Smoking is NOT permitted in any of the cottages or on the property.
15) What is expected of me when I leave?
We know that you are on vacation and cleaning is the last thing you want to do. We ask that the cottages are left broom swept and tidy, and trash/recyclables are brought up to the bins. Please put all furniture back to its original location. We would appreciate it if you would please treat the cottage like it was your own.
16) Where can I get groceries?
The Stop & Shop in Orleans, which is just past the Orleans rotary is only 5 minutes away. Friend’s Market in Orleans (located on Main Street) is about 10 minutes away.
17) Do you have accommodations for my infant?
Rental of cribs is available at: https://www.essentialrentals.com.